We are seeking experienced board members to support the important work we are undertaking in our community.
Board Member responsibilities
- Attend business meetings punctually
- Carry out duties promptly and reliably
- Maintain the integrity of the organisation
- Respect the confidential nature of any information discussed pertaining to WDP, its staff and its clients
- Participate in relevant meetings including the AGM, strategic planning and review of Board performance, sub-group meetings etc.
- Notify, in writing, with appropriate notice, of extended leave or resignation
- Share any information, skills and resources obtained through training attended, if appropriate
- Understand the functions of paid staff, maintain a smooth working relationship and stay within the bounds of volunteer responsibility
- Undergo Police Vetting biennially (2 yearly)
- A clear understanding of the difference between management and governance.
Skills we are keen to get on our board:
- Financial management skills – an understanding of accounting best practice within the charitable sector would be ideal
- Human resources/management experience – knowledge of employment law and processes/procedures
- Comms skills
- Proven experience in governance roles in other social service agencies in the not for profit sector
- An understanding of best practice in the social services sector
Our Annual General meeting will be held on Monday 2 August 2022 at 6.30pm at 497 Ferry Road, Woolston. We would prefer you to contact us ahead of the meeting so we can meet you and give you some background information about the organisation and how it operates.
If this sounds like you, contact Eddie (manager) on 027 781 1348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org