The Woolston Development Project (WDP) is a non profit community organization which provides recreation programmes for children and women and families.
It has a Management Committee which is comprised of members from the community and two co-opted staff.
The Woolston Development Project started in 1987 becoming an Incorporated Society in 1988 as a result of the local youth needing a base from which to run organize programmes for young people.
Services the Woolston Development Project provides:
- WDP After School Programme (ASP) for New Entrant – 10 year olds.
- The “DEPO” After School Programme for 10 – 13 year olds.
- Holiday Programmes for 5-13 year old.
- Youth Volunteer Programme.
- Family Events – 3 per year.
- Top Team Gear Hire.
- Women’s Weekly Recreation group.
- Free Family Support Service.
- Training and Supervision.